What’s the best addition to any dessert? Whipped cream, of course. There are just a few ingredients and several simple steps to take to get the best dessert topping ever. Be answering your question about how to make whipped cream let’s try to find out what makes homemade topping useful:
- It is fresh and healthy. When it comes to freshness, commercial cream drags far behind, because you pick fresh creams and fruits, add to your favorite snacks and treats, have a chance to make whipped creams less heavy, if you are on a diet.
- Low fat & low sugar are two more qualities that homemade cream can be characterized with. You can pick cream according to your needs and make it rich or plain with minimum butterfat content. By making whipped creams on your own you can control its sweetness, thus creating just a perfect recipe to your flavor and taste.
- No limits. There aren’t definite rules on how to make whipped creams. The recipes are multiple and you can use your creativity and experiment with different sweeteners and flavors. Why not?
Making Whipped Cream at Home
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of bourbon
- 2 teaspoons of almond extract
- Pour 1 cup of cream into a chilled bowl and add sugar.
- Use your mixer or a whisk to mix the ingredients. If you choose using mixer, start out on a slower speed in order not to make cream fly all around your kitchen. Increase the speed gradually while it is getting thicker and thicker.
- To reach the needed consistency cream needs up to 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate until the cream can be used.
Make sure you have chilled everything: bowl, cream, and even mixer whips. Why proper chilling is so important? It allows the cream to reach the needed volume and thus develop meringue like peaks. If you are aiming at achieving the best result, chill all the ingredients and tools you are going to work with. Normally, the cream starts stiffening in a few minutes. This is when you can add optional ingredients to achieve the desired flavoring.
Chocolate and coffee flavoring are today among the most popular. For each cup of whipping cream you can add 2 teaspoons of coffee or 1 tablespoon of cocoa. Rum and bourbon flavors are for large gatherings, huge parties and holidays, where there are no children. Add one tablespoon of liquor and two tablespoons of powdered sugar to each cup of whipping cream. Be sure your guests are going to love that!
After a stay in the fridge, whipped cream can separate. In this case you can rewhip it back into shape. However, it is highly recommended to serve whipped cream immediately and refuse from storing it in the fridge. If you want to store it, use a small strainer basket. Pour whipped cream into a vegetable strainer lined with clean napkin. Place this strainer over a sauce pan and serve until it’s high time to serve it.
Using Stabilizing Agents
How to make whipped cream for large gatherings and store it in a proper way? Sometimes the storing process takes up to a few days. This is when professionals use stabilizing agents – unflavored gelatin.
You can do in the same way, and make the agent on your own: dissolve one teaspoon of unflavored gelatin in two tablespoons of hot tap water. Let this mixture cool, and then add it while adding optional ingredients. Blend all the ingredients, cover the bowl with clear wrap and store in the refrigerator. Being prepared in this easy way, whipped cream will for 3-4 days.
How to make whipped cream? Be creative! Leave no place for doubts and restrictions. Follow this recipe and add your own optional ingredients. Have the best desserts with the best topping.